95% Answer rate predictor

Call Centre Helper Forum » Strategy

(9 posts)

Good morning,

I need to find a way of predicting the ans rate for my call centre.

I already predict the calls expected and the 80/30 and know the answer rate is linked to the 80/30 percentage i.e if we hit 60% 80/30 I normally get my target ans rate of 95%.

Is there an excel formula which can calculate the answer rate based on expected call volumes, FTE, and average ans time? Or is the avg ans time/wait time to greater variable?

Many thanks
Andrew

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Andrew

I am not sure if this is the type of thing your looking for.

http://www.erlang.com/calculator/call/

Jason :-)

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply.

I have an Erlang calc which is very helpful tool but if I want to predict my 95% ans rate by half hour for day as I do my 80/30 how can this be achieved.

My spreadsheet at the moment has an erlang calc built into it so I know what my 80/30 will be every 15/30 mins but it doesnt tell me the ans rate??

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Jason, thanks for your reply.

I have an Erlang calc which is very helpful tool but if I want to predict my 95% ans rate by half hour for day as I do my 80/30 how can this be achieved.

My spreadsheet at the moment has an erlang calc built into it so I know what my 80/30 will be every 15/30 mins but it doesnt tell me the ans rate??

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Andrew,

Do you want to be able to calculate the ans rate based on the % of calls ans in say 10,20,30 seconds by increment and then % of calls ans overall within the increment being measured to see what percentage of calls have been handled at a 95% ans rate of the calls handled within the 80/30 SLA?

All on a forecast basis?

Looking for clarity in the question, are you using a WFM platform if so which one?

Regards

Neil

Posted 3 years ago

Andrew,

We have the same issue. We forcast on 80/20 SLA because that seems to be the only way Excel/Erlang works but the Contact Centre is targetted on 5% abandon rate. This should mean, assuming that you are using excel and the erlang add in, that results are better than forecast because of the imperfactions of excel and will therefore deliver a better level of service than you hope?!

There appears to be, after looking at for a few years, no direct corrolation between SLA and capture rate other than if you get a good SLA you will by default get a good capture rate.

We have looked to try to predict what either the % in 20 secs would be or the number of seconds that the 80% would be answered in but there are too many potential options to get it to work properly. It can also depend on the type of call, ie does the customer really want something you are selling/providing and are they prepared to hang on etc and your customer base.

I have taken to try to get the Contact Centre to report on SLA rather than capture/abandon rate as this, in my opinion, gives a better picture of what level of service is being provided to customers.

If you ever find the result, please let me know!

Posted 3 years ago

http://www.kooltoolz.com - might these tools help?

Posted 3 years ago

Hi Andrew

I'm having exactly the same dilemia my WFM schedules to a SL but were targeted on a PCA. I'm currently experimenting with changing the SL's in the WFM to hopefully give me a more realistic view.

It's reassuring to know others have the same issues!

Posted 3 years ago

It's an old topic, but for anyone still wondering.

I think the reason this might be proving tricky is because there is no reliable correlation.

It will vary from one contact centre to another, and often vary depending on the stimulus.

If a customers broadband stops working, they will call, and there is a strong likelihood they will hold for 10 minutes, because they feel its important. If they are calling in response to something on the shopping channel they probably won't hold for 10 minutes, because they deem it to be less important.

All you can really do is go on experience. Within your centre you will be able to look at what service % you get your target ans rate. There is no formula or calculation.

Posted 3 years ago

Add your comment

You must log in to post.