System note abbreviation help needed?!

Call Centre Helper Forum » Call Centre Management

(3 posts)
Tags: | | |

We have implemented a new CRM system and our agents historically make very long notes with no abbreviations, I was wondering if anyone has a glossary/list of commonly used abbreviations, e.g. CC Customer Called etc.
I’d be really grateful for any assistance!

Posted 3 years ago

Good morning,

I just wanted to share my opinion on abbreviations within CRM systems. I do not advocate the use of them as often, they confuse the message that is recorded. And, text speak often creeps in. I prefer to communicate to the team that clear, concise notes are required, no essays necessary! :-)

Still, small abbreviations are used which I can forgive as long a the information is there.

The potential impact on AHT is mitigated by the quality of the data.

Of course, these are just my thoughts. Hope this helps.

Posted 3 years ago

At the last place I worked we used a set of defined company standardised abbreviations and ensured that notes were simply reduced to the outcome rather than "I said" "he said" affair, of course including any important information gained for future reference.

We worked with about 100 standard abbreviations and text talk was not an accepted form of communication. Obviously the type of calls you are handling will determine the abbreviations you will use but here are some that I can recall:

LMTCB - Left message to call back
TPF or TPM - Third party female or male
UTLM - Unable to leave message
SPS - spouse
RCVD - received
TOM - tomorrow
NUM - number (this was important so that we could distinguish between the use of the word number and the word no)
MOB - mobile
TEL - telephone
INF - informed
VM - voicemail
ADV - advised
ANS - answer
CB - call back

Our notes sections per call were limited to a certain number of characters to keep notes short, there was an option to enter an additional set of notes if it was a particularly detailed call.

We also used to type in CAPS as this is much easier on the eye when trying to read the notes quickly when the called is already on the line.

If I can remember any more I'll let you know.

Hope this helps.

Posted 3 years ago

Add your comment

You must log in to post.