Avaya - Aux Code (Seeking Help)

Topic Views - 861

Workforce Manager Europe

HP

Avaya - Aux Code

Example
Is it possible to have an agent defaulted in a admin state however whereby if a call comes through it is delivered to the agent.

However then if an agent is in a different state i.e. training / break / lunch etc then a call is not delievered.

If so how is this done?

Regards

Tim

Resource & MI Analyst

Financial Services

Aux Admin
Hi Tim,
Not sure what your asking can be done quite in that way. The closest I have come to simulating this is using the skill settings and the priority levels. ie
Agent 1 & Agent 2, both take the same calls.
You want Agent 1, to get the call first allowing Agent 2 more uninterupted time to do Admin work.
However if Agent 1 is busy on a call, then you need Agent 2 to pick up the next call until Agent 1 becomes available again.
By putting Agent 1 on a higher priority level, this means they will get calls 1st and only when Agent 1 is not available will Agent 2 (who you have set on a lower priority level)pick up a call.
You can then use break/lunch etc as normal and no calls will get through to that Agents line.

Note (Avaya priorety level 1 is the highest, like a ranking system)

Other than that the only option I can think of is to have Agent 2 in AUX Admin and get them to come out of it when a call queues, however this relys on keeping a close eye on the calls and may well impact your service level.

Sr Manager

IE

Andy,

Can you help me in understanding the No Reason AUX Mode on Avaya...

Regards,
Manu

Business Support Manager

Collections Company

Hi Manu,

Default Aux occurs when an agent is available for inbound calls and makes an outbound call without selecting an aux reason first.

Cheers

Sr Manager

IE

Appreciate your Help John,

Will the hours be added to the Avail Time and No Reason Aux or only in the No Reason AUX code...

Regards,
Manu

Business Support Manager

Collections Company

Default Aux
Hi,

The time will be recorded under the default aux status. However the time they are on outbound calls will also be recorded as aux out time.

Cheers

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question