Back Office Staffing

Topic Views - 121

Back Office Staffing
I need some help with coming up with the staffing need for our recently created BO team. They complete multiple tasks that they handle and I was able to break down the tasks and show the staffing need for all the tasks if they were to be completed with in 24hrs. now i've been asked to show what the need would be if the turn around time was 48 hours and then at 72 hours. Im used to dealing with inbound calculations with the phones and not really sure how to approach a delay type of service level. Any help of how to approach this would be appreciated.. There are a total of 7 different tasks of which I have the monthly volumes and the AHT per task.

Helper

Call Centre Helper

Staffing is almost identical for 24, 48 and 72 hour targets.
The difference in tasks between 48 hours and 72 hours is almost identical. The main difference is they require assistance from another department, in which case it may take a while to get a response.

The reason for this is that unlike phone calls where the work arrives in a very peaky nature and the service level targets are often a fraction of the time to complete the task, with back office staffing the task is usually much lover than the service target. As a result throughput (tasks per day) becomes the gating factor.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question