Contract!? What to include, what to leave out?

Topic Views - 1908

Contract!? What to include, what to leave out?
Hello everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on how to formulate and present a new client service contract. An opportunity for my partners and I has come up for a 5 seat Customer Tech Support contract in the Power Tool and Power Equipment sector which would not only include voice, SMS/Web and email support but also include an online parts web site for general sale and warranty parts distribution. This is a new venture for the potential client so they cannot give me any historical data other than an anticipated call rate of 150/day. Here's the outline of parameters I have gleaned or estimated so far:

Hours: 9a-6p, M-F
CSR/Techs: Certified, Small Engine Technicians

Est Call Rate: 150/day
Est eMails: 20/day
Est SMS/Web: 25/day

Based on the numbers above, the projected seat number using the calculator is: 5 (https://www.callcentrehelper.com/tools/multi-channel-calculator/)

I would really appreciate your help in finding a standard contract which would include legal disclaimers/jargon/scope of work for operations here in the states using costs based off of the numbers in the outline above. I would like to include in the contract an estimated hourly rate for the Technicians (which includes a standard markup) and any advice of how to include fixed and variable costs. Also, to keep things simple for me for now, I would like to keep the web site and the parts distribution separate from this contract.

Again, I would really appreciate any advice from those of you familiar with formulating contracts and if an example contract could be supplied or point me in the right direction of where to locate one, I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Bryce

Helper

Call Centre Helper

Look at key metrics
A key component is to focus on the metrics that need to be achieved. These are best looked at in terms of the outcomes.
e.g.
Customer Satisfaction
First Contact Resolution
Speed of Answer
Number of Calls Abandoned

There are a number of KPIs in this article.

In terms of the contract these tend to be so specific that it is difficult to give more specific guidance.

Thanks Jonty
for the reply and appreciate the guidance. I think what we are looking for are the basics of a contract in this industry and then adding the specifics relevant to the client. Do you or anyone else have a basic contract example they can share? Possibly one from an old client that the names have been deleted? Again, I would really appreciate any advice from those of you familiar with formulating contracts and if an example contract could be supplied or point me in the right direction of where to locate one, I would be most grateful.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question