Davox call table filters

Topic Views - 74

Dialler Manager

Contractor

Davox call table filters
HI there,

I've been given the task of consolidating call tables and am experiencing some problems.

Is there a SQL command I can use in Filter editor to convert CHAR to Integer "on the fly"? It's a wild and crazy question I know and the answer is probably no, but I need to look at all avenues.
I need to filter/split by Balance and the balance should be a number but is text. That's why I want to do the conversion.

The Application I am using has a call table structure where there are Date fileds and number fields that are formatted as CHAR e.g A ballance of £5000 is diplayed as 00000500000 (500000p)

Any one got any ideas, other than deactivating the appliaction and doing some backend work (which I think would cost us £££).

Cheers,

Colin

Contact Centre Consultant

DarrylBeckford Limited

It would depend on the database in use
I'm not familiar with Davox - do you know what database it runs?

WFM & Business Telephony Manager

Healthcare Insurance

Davox
Darryl,

IIRC it's build dependant.

The beast that is Informix, Squeal Server and Orrable
have all been used.

HTH

DaveA

DarrylBeckford Limited

Well....
For MS SQL:

convert(int, cField.table) as nField

should work.

For oracle try:
to_number(cField.table) as nField

(no promises, this is off the top of my head).

Never used Informix.

Regards,
db

DarrylBeckford Limited

Addition....
You've obviously need to carry out further operations if you want it in pounds/pence. Dividing it by 100 will do, but don't convert it to int in this case or you'll lose the pence. You'll want a float or something.

Dialler Manager

Contractor

It's SQL.
Thanks guys.
I've got the SQL code, but adapting it to be used with Davox is a bit tricky.
I think it may be some kind of crazy custom query (look out it proprietary!!), The straight SQL doesn't work unfortunately. :(
Nice one tho.

Any Davox Heads out there who'd know if this can be done? RR @ MX or any of the Sabio guys?

Cheers
Colin
"The tapestry of my mind is slowly unravelling as if being clawed by small kittens.."

Integrated Apps.

Telecomms

Davox Call Table Filters
Sybase is also a favorite..

Are you on V7 (RPM 2.5.0.2 I believe)?

You have choices, I would do it off dialler if you have a number of tables to augment. Once complete split data and download / trickle back to the dialler.

Filter application allows simple compares / boolean etc.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ian

Dialler Manager

Contractor

Davox Call Table Filters
HI Ian,

No we're on good old V6.
Unfortunatley due to system lock downs and red tape I don't have access to File Import/ Export yet.

Normally I would have done it all in Access and then exported the file as TXT in the right format, uploaded them and dialled like a happy bunny.

I didn't think Filter Editor could do it but I just wanted to confirm.

Cheers for your help guys,

Colin

Training and Support Engineer

Aspect Software

Davox Call Table Filters
Hi Colin

Unfortunately there is no way to break into the code to write any specific SQL using the Filter Editor as it is only able to handle the hardcoded SQL commands.

The only way you would be able to do this is by running a SQL command in the database via the command line.

As you say, your best bet would be to order/split the records before loading them onto the dialler, as the Filter Editor is only able to sort character fields based on an 'alphabetic' search, ie 1,10,100,11,2,20,200,etc

Hope this helps
Paul

Training and Support Engineer

Aspect Software

Davox Call Table Filters
Of course, if your data in the call table already has the preceding zeros (ie 00000500000 instead of 5000), you will be able to use a filter to accurately split the call tables - just remember to include the preceding zeros in your filter.

If your problem is that the data is displayed on the agent's screen in the wrong format (ie 00000500000 instead of 5000.00), the leading zeros can be removed and a decimal point inserted if you are using LYRICall. Even if you only use Screenbuilder, the decimal point can be inserted and some of the zeros removed.

Lastly, if you wish to edit the Application, remember, the only data types that Unison supports are CHAR, INT, MONEY, DATE and TIME - If your data contains a decimal point, the field will have to be a MONEY type, not an INT as Integers can only be whole numbers.

Cheers
Paul

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question