Difference with IPCC and other IP Phones

Topic Views - 545

Consultant

Call Center Consultancy

Difference with IPCC and other IP Phones
Can anyone technically differentiate between an IPCC (Cisco) and other IP Phones of Avaya, Nortel, Aspect etc.,

PBX Engineer NCTS NCDS NCSS

witheld

Biased responce
Nortel is better.

Genesys CTI Guru

Freelance

IP phone differences
Cisco use a proprietary protocol called SCCP for the call control comms between the phone and pbxserver (same thing nowadays).

Nortel have their own proprietary protocol called UNISTM.

The best open standard is called SIP.

These protocols are the signalling for controlling the call. The CODEC is the actual voice audio data and these are independent of the protocols used and usually go direct from caller to callee. I'd recommend G.711 if you have the bandwidth.

I hope this makes sense. If not, please feel free to drop me a line.

Wyn

Chairman & CEO

The Taylor Reach Group

IP Solutions
We recently completed an RFP to assist one of our clients to secure a new telephony solution.
This process involved 14 manufacturers/solution providers and included an extensive mandatory functionality requirements.
Please let me know what specific information you are looking for and I can send you some of our assessment information.

Colin Taylor

PBX Engineer NCTS NCDS NCSS

witheld

SIP is still a developing Standard
In principle SIP is a great idea. And like all standrads works well at the lowest common demoniator. Like other standards eg DPNSS, every vendor had their own flavour of the 'standard'. So in the end you ended up only having a subset of features available.

Assistant Manager Control Room

Trakker Private Limited

Best IP phone?
Which is the best IPCC or IP phone?

Genesys CTI Guru

Freelance

Shahbaz
Shahbaz,

I'd speak to each manufacturer individually and look for the best-fit for your needs. If you still can’t decide I’d look to see who uses open standards as then you won’t be shackled to one company for the next 10 years.

Assistant Manager Control Room

Trakker Private Limited

Great Owen!
Actually we just upgraded our CC to CISCO. Our call center is a bit diffrent from a normal call center so we call it " Command Center". I am working at a vehicle Tracking company and besides making and recieving calls, we also monitor vehicles. We almost recieve 1400 calls a day.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question