Does anyone have a way of deflecting queuing calls to the web without it increasing their abn%

Topic Views - 1513

Does anyone have a way of deflecting queuing calls to the web without it increasing their abn%
Hi
We have a good website that can answer a lot of customer questions. While customers are queuing we remind them the answer they need is probably on the website and a % of them find what they are looking for and hang up. These are wins for us because the customer has what they need and we can spend more time answering other callers more in depth queries, however the more successful we are, the worse our abandoned rate is. I am unable to see what is a call thats hung up because they got what they need vs one that wasn't willing to wait to be answered. Does anyone know a way of excluding these 'satisfied' abandoned calls from the stats?

Helper

Call Centre Helper

No way that I am aware of.
It's a big assumption that these are satisfied customers.

The reason for this is that they probably got your phone number from the website. For this reason I tend not to advise that you should play messages saying the answer is on the web site. I find that it is better if the advisor does this on the call.

The big challenge though is that just because they hang up to look for answers on the web site, how do you know that you have actually solved their problem?

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question