Erlang / Service Level and Intervals

Topic Views - 50

Erlang / Service Level and Intervals
Hi,
I have been using your helpful Erlang calculator download, specifically the excel sheet with the =ServiceLevel macro. I have built 3 different day models of my contact centre stats. 1 using 15 min interval Service Level calcs, and also 30 mins interval and 1 hour interval.
I maybe expected to get 3 slightly different Service Level predictions for the day but wasn't expecting the following:
15 min intervals = 73% for the day
30 min intervals = 71% for the day
1 hr intervals = 80% for the day

So I'm having trouble working out which is best to use and model on!

I have used the same data for each, albeit I've had to average the agents’ number for the 30 min and 1 hour as I have it in 15 mins. I understand that would vary the SL prediction slightly but wasn't expecting a lower value at 30 mins than 15, and the highest at 1 hr. I think it’s something to do with the fact I have a 535 second AHT - so maybe 15 mins is too short to model a 9 minute AHT on, and maybe 1 hr is too long.?

So I suppose what I'm asking is does anyone know of any best practice around what interval to model on based on your AHT? Or any explanations as to the variation I have in my 3 models?

Any help or explanations appreciated.

Regards
Stuart

Editor

Call Centre Helper

Interval should be at least twice the AHT
Generally it is better to use a 15 minute interval- as it is more granular, but only if your AHT is reasonably short.

Since your AHT is 9 minutes, then it is usually recommended to have an interval of twice your AHT.

In your case 30 minutes would be a better interval to use.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question