Expert Voice and Communication training for Staff: - Government Funded.

Topic Views - 264

Project Administrator

Central School of Speech & Drama

Expert Voice and Communication training for Staff: - Government Funded.
Dear Colleagues,

I am currently working on a communications training project at a highly esteemed speech and drama school.

The Central school of Speech and Drama has received funding from the LDA and HEIFCE to deliver voice and communications training to areas of community and business that would not normally have access to such training.

The CIPD and other recent surveys have highlighted Communication and interpersonal skills as the key skill area that employers need to focus on to fulfil requirements in next 3 years. Nowhere more so important as in Call Centre work.

Our training is normally accessed by business executives. However, we have funding to deliver training to outside business partners and we are interested in designing a bespoke training programme for call centre staff. We have funding for the next year so I would urge you to take up this offer while we have the funding. As an academic institution, we would also be looking to develop a qualification for trainers of call centre staff in this discipline.

This is what we do:

-Developing clarity and articulation in voice, - especially beneficial for ESOL speakers.

-Developing and maintaining a controlled, centred and grounded speaking voice.

-Handling nerves and remaining calm in pressurized situations. Using voice and breathing to stay in control.

-Developing vocal tone and variety.

-Using appropriate language to make an impact.

-Sending the right message.

Logistically we could only offer training to staff and trainers in, or around the London area. But do drop me an e-mail and I will endeavour to be flexible.

Best Wishes

Paul Nicholl
Knowledge Transfer Project
Central School of Speech and Drama

Contact Centre Consultant

DarrylBeckford Limited

Expert Voice and Communication training for Staff
This is quite novel - I don't think I've know of anyone that offers voice coaching to call centres.

Is the service free?

Contact Centre Consultant

DarrylBeckford Limited

Bump
Bump

Project Administrator

Central School of Speech & Drama

Expert Voice and Communication training for Staff: - Government Funded. [
Hi there,

Yes it is free, and designed to the clients needs - I did reply to this a few times, but Im not sure if it came up! If anyone is interested drop me line on knowledgetransfer@cssd.ac.uk and we can take it from there.

Paul Nicholl
Central School of Speech and Drama

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question