Feedback on training

Topic Views - 301

Trainer / Webmaster

Volvo Action Service

Feedback on training

Dear all,

Forgive me if this topic has been tackled already but I was wondering what experiences you have with feedback to given trainings ?

Being a trainer myself, most of the time we are "updating" people on procedures and showing them new ways of handling customers. Seen the fact that the training needs to be qualified, there is not only a need to register these trainings but also to have a sort of feedback from the people attending. In most companies, this is done by a "form" of some kind where the attendees are asked to fill out their experiences. Now .. in a 24hour organisation like ours, this proves to be extremely difficult to follow up and most people are not that keen on filling out these forms over and over again.

Does anyone have experience in this field ? Tips are certainly very welcome.
Thanks in advance ...

Feedback on training
Hi Kris,

Welcome, the question you are asking is how can you gain delegate feedback if they dont wish to fill in the forms.

The answer is you cant. Trainers always come across boredom and the unwillingness to complete the happy forms. However the more significant factor is not to give too much emphasis to happy forms, they are subjective and do not test for learning. They are simply a crude immediate emotional response to the training and in the context of a systematic learning cycle they shouldnt carry too much weight. As long as you are meeting your learning objectives and your evaluation holds up then I wouldnt be too concerned.

Trainer / Webmaster

Volvo Action Service

Feedback

Thank you very much for your quick reply. It is indeed always a battke to have people filling out these happy form and I agree that they are a emtional response to what has happened.

Problem is that our structure requires a logging ( no problem there ) but also a evaluation of some kind ( for ISO standards ) so at this moment I do not see any other way than these happy forms. And believe you me ... 250 people is a lot !

Evaluation techniques

>>>so at this moment I do not see any other way than these happy forms

The two most widely accepted evaluation techniques within training are the CIRO model (Bird and Rackham 1970) or Hamblins 5 levels of evaluation (1974).

Both examine ultimate value to the organisation and remove reliance and upon happy sheets by analysing more widely.

Trainer / Webmaster

Volvo Action Service

CIRO
Dear Marc,

Sorry to trouble you but would it be possible to send me some information concerning these two models ? Searched on the net but there is not that much info around.

Thanks ( again ) for the help,

Kris

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question