Genesys T-Lib SDK

Topic Views - 579

CTI Programmer

HU Design Inc.

Genesys t-lib sdk
I have a question regarding using the t-lib sdk to monitor for an agent login on a hard phone. I know that it's possible to regester a DN of type AddressTypeDN and receive an EventAgentLogin event, and then get the id of the agent that logged in to the registered DN. But is the 'flip' side possible? That is, is it possible to register a DN of type AddressTypeAgentID and get a EventAgentLogin event for that DN in order to retrieve the hard phone extension that the agent logged in too? I've done numerous code experiments and I've never been able to receive EventAgentLogin on a DN of type AddressTypeAgentID...which seems pretty silly. Any help is appreciated.

Principal Solutions Engineer

Genesys

RE: Genesys t-lib sdk
Harald,

The DNs you monitor using TLib for EventAgentLogin varies from PBX to PBX. However, in my experience (most of the major systems with Genesys) - I have never seen CTI eventing work this way.

AgentIDs are not seen as DNs in most switches (despite the fact that they are sometimes diallable) - you would always monitor either the DN of the ACD Position or Extension - and/or monitor the ACD Queue into which they login.

What underlying PBX is Genesys connected to?

Hope that helps,

Seb

Seb Reeve
Practice Lead - CIM Solutions - Sabio

CTI Programmer

HU Design Inc.

Thanks for the reply, Sebastian.

Underlying PBX's are Avaya and Aspect.

What would be great is if the TServer events for an address DN would be propagated to the agent DN.

Consider the scenario:

You are to write a desktop CTI client for agents that sit at different workstations between shifts.

When the agent logs into their desktop, the client retrieves their Avaya/Aspect ID...but we don't know which extension they log into because we don't want the maintenance of knowing which desktop is associated with which hard phone.

So we have a daemon that monitors all extensions and raises user events on the agent DN corresponding to the agent id logged into an extension, notifying of login after the client registers the agent id DN.

That way, we know the extension DN, register it, and normal CTI screen pops commence.

What would be great is if all we could be concerned with is the agent DN, register it, and get all telephony events on that DN...and not worry about the extension DN.

It's hard writing this down...hope it makes sense.

We have a feature request with Genesys to implement this in their .Net Server product.

Principal Solutions Engineer

Genesys

Agree - this would be neat.

So if I understand your requirement: the agent will use the PBX hard-phone to login rather than the Genesys tlib desktop - and you wish your daemon to effectively react to this login information and tell the agent's desktop which extension the agent is sitting at so it can register the correct extension and start recieving events?

You need to be aware that different switches will have different methods of eventing this hard-phone login via tlib (and some not at all) - Genesys recommendation is to ask the agent for the Extension they are sitting at, register this in the desktop - and then send a login request.

Within your switches - you usually need to know what Skill/Queue the agent is logging into - and monitor these "ACD Queues" in order to get Login/Out events.

Hope this makes sense!

Seb

CTI Programmer

HU Design Inc.

You understand correctly.

BTW, we've already employed this scheme successfully. We don't need to ask the agents which extension they log into, we also don't have to 'maintain' an association between the desktop and the hard phone. It's all done in the background by our agent login daemon and TServer.

We'd just like to take it to the next level and not have to use our custom deamon to make the association between the agent and extension...which would be possible, as mentioned, if extension dn events were propagated to the the corresponding logged in agent dn.

Like I said, we have a feature request in with Genesys.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question