How to get first client?

Topic Views - 12319

employee

123 company

How to get first client?
Greetings all.

I am trying to set up a small call center in the Dominican Republic (24-48 seats) and have most things resolved except for getting that critical first client.

I understand that what I am proposing is not going to be easy, I am aware of the failure rates for new call centers (over 90%) and I know that no one wants to be the first client of an unproven call center.

I have spoken with consultants and brokers, and all have been positive and polite but nothing solid seems to come from these conversations.

What should I do?

Contact Centre Consultant

DarrylBeckford Limited

Tell me...
Why your call centre is going to succeed when many others fail.

What experience you have of running a call centre, and why you're going to be able to hit the ground running instead of using my campaign to cut your teeth.

Why I want to put my work with you.

If you've got some answers to these questions then you'll find work. Don't get too tied up with the flashy side of the business (ie, Brokers). Fundamentally, there are organisations who *want* to outsource their work. Think from their perspective, they want to be able to find a call centre that suits them. Do you suit them? If so, how would they go about finding you?

In my opinion, this is grass roots stuff and if you're struggling here then you'll struggle at every step along the way. But nonetheless, the very best of luck to you.

Regards,
Darryl

Business Developement Officer

Global-Sky Inc.

doing the same thing
im currently working with a callcenter located
here in the Philippines and im off to
same dilemma, on how to hook up with
clients.

on the question, why would you want to work with us?

because, for one, we'll help you save
a lot of money on your operating expenses.

because, we could provide you great services
like chat support (we provide 24/7 chat support,
that way, you'd be able to keep all prospects nearby)
inbound and outbound (we have wonderful employees
that geared up for telemarketing and customer service)

because, we would want to help you to focus
on bigger things so we will handle all the
other stuff (staffing, and best of all, you dont
have to think of the bills for office rentals,
salaries, utility bills)

and we could do a lot more.

=)

Contact Centre Consultant

DarrylBeckford Limited

Michelle....
In my original post I said "In my opinion, this is grass roots stuff and if you're struggling here then you'll struggle at every step along the way."

From what you've said, it doesn't sound like you're struggling at all. It sounds like you know exactley what your prospective customers need.

associate

wipro

getting the first client
im also trying to get my first client . the problem is although i know what i can offer , i dont know where to start . since im new i will probably go through campaign providers/brokers. but the problem is i dont really know of any. there are lots who are there but they sound very dubious. Can anyone please provide me with the names of campaign providers who work with American companies?

Cheers

employee

123 company

An update
Since beginning this thread I have gotten several projects. I could have gotten them sooner but I was ignorong some obvious things and trying to bypass necessary steps that are apparently part of paying dues.

Here is what I learned.

New call centers need to cut their teeth doing outbound performance based campaigns. The client is assuming a huge risk by employing an unproven center, so the center needs to assume the risk of a performance based campaign to meet them halfway. If you are very lucky you may get a campaign that supplies you with leads, otherwise you need to buy your own lists. If not you should buy your own and be sure and scrub them.

After you have proven yourself by doing a good job on an outbound campaign you may be eligible for something more solid, at this point the client is placing a considerable amount of trust in you, by making you a part of his business process and there is just no way this is going to happen without a proven track record.

Hi Micheal, I...
Hi Micheal,

I'm curious an interested in knowing how you went about to get clients, I have an established call center in the states for, but I need clients as well. Can you assist please.

Editor

Call Centre Helper

Matt Litherland has ...
Matt Litherland has written a good article on the Call Centre Helper website on

How to win new clients for your contact centre business

https://www.callcentrehelper.com/how-to-win-more-clients-97667.htm

I want to client
I want to make my own on call centre

I want to get Clients out of my Country.
Hi, I have a Call center in Honduras, I have clients here, I have all the structure to attend clients or accounts out of Honduras, what can I do, to get clients out of my country ???

Editor

Call Centre Helper

You need to be able to differentiate your business

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question