Offered Calls

Topic Views - 682

Contact Centre Business Analyst

Debenhams

Offered Calls
Hi,

New to CCV and will start by introducing myself - Scott Drayton, former Technical Analyst, now Customer Contact Centre Business Analyst for large Retail PLC. 23 years old.

Question - we use ACD to route our calls and have (as most CC's do!) a master script and subsequent applications. What do you consider to be an offered call? Is this any call that hit our relevant CDN (53** or 08445 6*6*6*) or is it an call that sucessfully navigates two tiers of menus and then queues? Obviosuly we know that some people wrong dial, and hang up, and therefore shouldnt be considered as offered calls, but at what point do we assume that this is a true call? We need to consider the effectiveness of our menu system and also report on an abandoned rate before and after a threshold SLA of 80/20.

Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, and a final note, great site, really helpful and informative...

Thanks

Scott

p.s. apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Network Planning Analyst

Network Planning Analyst

offered calls
Hi Scott,

In regards to your question, an offered call would be any call that has navigated through the IVR and is queued for an agent. The call is considered abandoned when the customer hangs up while queueing.

Arron

Debenhams

Agree....
Arron,

Thanks for the reply, this is exactly what i have agreed with my manager, other Team Leaders had diffferent opinions. All our voice segments and options are based within our master script, there any call that hit the applicaitons we have setup are effectively offered calls. If a customer abandons during the IVR, although we can and do monitor these figures, they are not used in our reporting with regards to service levels.

Thanks

Scott

Contact Centre Consultant

DarrylBeckford Limited

No right or wrong answer
In most circumstances, an offered call would be one that has queued.

However, sometimes it might be considered that any call from the exchange is an offered call. This decision is really down to the "client", in this case your boss.

If it is decided that all calls received from the exchange are offered, then make sure that you're fair about reporting calls dropped in the menu system as "IVR handled" when the customer has hung up because they've got the information that they were after (such as a service announcement. Otherwise, these go down as abandoned calls (because handled+abandoned=offered) when they're not.

Another difficulty with counting these calls as offered is that call wait is usually measured from the point that the call is offered. If there's been navigation of an IVR this will wreck your GOS.

Where are you based? Make sure you put yourself on the CCV Frappr site!

Regards,
Darryl

Debenhams

To Darryl..
Thanks for your reply, have read a few of your coments on here, seem like a handy guy to know.

Myself and boss consider that measuring all calls from the exchange is a definately a idea that will benefit in a few areas. Like you say, reporting on "IVR abandoned/handled" is soemthing i have used in the past and will continue to do so.....the question was more around your reply in your second sentence, which it answered perfectly.

As you probably know, ACD allows you to have application thresholds aswel as skillset thresholds, and, as you said, measuring your wait time from the top of the IVR can be tricky when a complex IVR is used...such as ours.

DarrylBeckford Limited

Frappr
Scott: I see you've found it!

For those that haven't, it's here:

CCV has lots of non-posting "lurking" members. If you're reading this and you're one of these then please add yourself to our map - it's nice to know where everyone's posts are being read!

Cheers,
D

DarrylBeckford Limited

Frappr
I've just thought - is it only possible to add yourself to Frappr if you're in an area that google have data for? (ie, North america and western Europe). If so that's a bit of a shame - because we have a huge amount of members from elsewhere.

Can someone from India or somewhere similar give it a go?

Telephony Consultant

NUI

Offered calls
Great thread however there is one other thing to consider. If the call volume your are recording is purley for service levels then Darrly is spot on. This is the formular we use across the board. If however you are reporting volumes of calls to a marketing function they may wish to know the quantity of calls a specific campaign has generated. AS such, the calls routed from the PSTN will be the volume you need.

MI is such a wounderful thing. The most complex issue is understanding whet the custmer is trying to achieve and getting them to stick to the requirment.

Director

Reynard Thomson Ltd.

Such a telling slip-up...
"MI is such a wounderful thing"

It can really wound if used incorrectly, to be sure...

Unique calls
What are unique calls?

Helper

Call Centre Helper

Unique calls
Unique calls are the incoming calls into the building.

It excludes all calls that are not transferred.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question