Scheduled Breaks and Lunches vs Long Calls

Topic Views - 2105

In my understaffed, high volume environment, it is essential our CSRs take breaks/lunches on time. However, taking breaks on time is not always possible ie. long calls going past scheduled break times. What are some tricks you use to make sure CSR's can take their schedule breaks on time? Do you allow CSRs to go on break a few minutes early? Or, would that open opportunity for them to take advantage and not assist the queue when we need the support? In the 4 minutes the CSR took their break early, they could have assisted one more caller but risk being late for their break?

We have AHT's of 60...
We have AHT's of 600s and above, as a result if someone finishes a call and their break is due to start in 2-3 mins we let them go then as we'd rather lose 0-3 mins from the current interval than up to 7 from the next.

We have an adherence tolerance that takes this into consideration too.

If the AHT is short then I'd still let them go early but only within a minute or so and adherence would be adapted accordingly.

If you're understaffed and have a high volume, an agent going on break a little early or late isn't your biggest issue right now and getting them bang on time isn't going to have "that much" of an effect in the grand scheme of things.

Instead of offering our employees two 15 minute breaks and a 1/2 hour lunch, we have all most of our customer services employees take a 1 hour lunch (1/2 of this time is unpaid) from 12 pm to 1pm, then we have a few customer service employees take a 1 hour lunch from 1pm to 2pm. We have found that this works well.

My idea about Scheduled Breaks and Lunches vs Long Calls
It is not important for me as a supervisor that my agent going on break a little early or late(1-5 min), We consider this telorance in daily plan for covering Call pattern; but it is important all agents come back on time.Break time shouldn't be over specific time.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question