TEAM BUILDING EXERCISES

Topic Views - 318

Customer Care Center Manager

Schneider Logistics

TEAM BUILDING EXERCISES
Hello Everyone,
I am a Manager of Client Services and have inherited a new team. I am looking for your ideas on any team building exercises that would use the KISS theory but be motivational at the same time. This would also be a good "ice breaker" for the team to get to know one another on a more personal note, because we are only allowed a Team Meeting once per month for 1 hours. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

call centre trainer

western power

team building exercises
hi michael,

this may be a little late but hopefully it helps!

call centre trainer

western power

team building exercises
sorry michael,

i can use technology...really!

i have a great book/file called "The complete Games Trainers Play" by John W Newstrom.

it is fantastic...has everything from icebreakers to problem solving and presentation and communication type exercises.

you should find it in any library or you could try contacting a call centre organisation in your area. We have an organisation called AIM (Australian Institute of Management) which has access to all sorts of information.

Well...hope this helps!

Regards

Jacqui

N/A

Datacraft NZ Ltd

Team Building
Hello Michael,

Well I'm guessing that 6 weeks into it you're still looking for ideas? There are so many things you can do to build the teams motivation I'm not sure where to start - it also depends somewhat on your current team. A few questions I have for you: What is the current team culture like? What is the average age of the team? Are you restricted by your budget?

But here goes a few thoughts anyway - empowerment, empowerment, empowerment.. I note you've said you're only "allowed" 1 hour per month for team meetings - is this due to budget constraints/time avail off the phone? Each of my teams have weekly and monthly meetings most of which are held outside of business hours in the employees own time (unpaid)- the carrot so to speak is a dozen beers/V's for non-drinkers and a few chips - all employees attend and are willing to do so, the individual team members rotate in the facilitator and minute taking of these meetings (no overtime budget requirements). Perhaps instigate more social get togethers - the team can pay their own way but organise activities outside of hours. Also shout the team morning tea for good performance it's important that this isn't done frivalously but with good reason. Ensure the teams KPI's are supportive of the team spirit and culture that you're trying to create. Provide a random chocolate fish (sorry it's a kiwism - think of a chocolate santa) to team members when displaying positive team values. Decorate the individuals desks with balloons etc on their birthdays. We also hold team building workshops where we discuss openly the current issues, what behaviours we wish to display and create our team vision/mission and charter for how we wish to work together, this is reviewed briefly at the monthly team meeting - we have an in-house facilitator to run these.. All of these things have resulted in an extensive reduction in the attrition rate within my current team as well as creating an excellent team culture with the spin off being customer satisfaction thus providing the cost/benefit to justify to my manager...

Hope this helps?

Team Building
You may find this link very useful on the theory of teambuilding together with its obstacles.

http://www.performance-appraisals.org/Bacalsappraisalarticles/articles/teamdesi.htm

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question