Ratio recallers vs abandoned rate

Topic Views - 73

Ratio recallers vs abandoned rate
Hi,
I’m performing an analysis of a contact center which is at 40% abandoned call rate average since a year. I would like to establish how a 40% abandoned calls is increasing their overall call volume, as most probably many customers are re-calling (twice or even more times), creating additional volume.
Do you know if a standard ratio exists to establish this? In example:
In a day of 20% abandoned calls, overall call volume increases by 10% (recallers)
In a day of 40% abandoned calls, overall call volume increases by 15% (recallers)
Many thanks for your support
Kind regards,
Mikael

Editor

Call Centre Helper

There is no standard ratio
I'm afraid that there is no standard ratio as it depends upon a customers propensity to call back. If you are in a monopoly situation then the propensity could be high. If you are in a sales situation and there are lots of other similar suppliers, the propensity would be low.

Probably your best bet would be to analyse a sample of call detail records over a period of time. You can look at the calling number (the Caller ID) for abandoned calls and look back over a week to see if they called back. That would then give you a rough propensity to redial figure.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question