UK start up questions

Topic Views - 100

UK start up questions
Hi, looking for some advice if possible. I'm looking to start a UK based outbound call centre, focusing on lead generation and appointment booking for other UK businesses. I've looked at so many sites I'm struggling with a few things. 1) what kind of internet security do you require in order to take card processes and be edgiable to join the FCA. 2) what is the best phone operation for a small call centre with 6 agents, direct lines or VoIP? Cheapest option for calling UK mobiles and landlines. 3)is it advised to sign up with any regulators? Thanks in advance

Editor

Call Centre Helper

Before you start do your market research
1. Before you start the process I would do your market research to see if there is a market for your services. The market is saturated with outsourced contact centres and it is legally very difficult to do this. So many businesses fail in this area. Are you sure that yours will not?

2. Post GDPR is is not legal to do outbound lead generation unless you have the express and unambiguous permission of that person to be contacted. If you don't you could end up with a personal fine of up to £2 Million. How are you going to make sure that you have their permission to be contacted. You also need to read up on the GDPR regulations before you go any further.

Thank you
Hi jonty,

Thank you for your reply. I have been looking in to GDPR and can see that the customer must give consent before communication. I am looking to do outbound appointment setting based on leads companies already hold using there CRM system. I'm newly looking into this so all feedback is appreciated.

Editor

Call Centre Helper

PCI Compliance
I'm not sure why you need to takle card payment if you are appointment setting but if you do you would need to be PCI complaint. These two articles can help
https://www.callcentrehelper.com/an-introduction-to-pci-compliance-83552.htm
https://www.callcentrehelper.com/make-your-call-centre-pci-compliant-45289.htm

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question