Video Conferencing and the Call Centre

Topic Views - 66

Director

Legal Advice Direct

Video Conferencing Call Centre
Over the past 12 months I have been piloting a video con call Centre with local authority and solicitors.

Is there anyone who knows of other pilots or systems/software being piloted. Clients can access the Call Centre from local Children Centres with calls being directed by a Call Centre to services including local authority, legal and health.

The clients system is run on a simple ADSL Max BT Broadband line 386kbs upload.
The centre is run on lease line 2meg.

Marlan

Headcount Planning Analyst

PayPal

Hi Marlan
The West Rinding of Yorkshire council (Hull, Beverley etc) used video conferencing for council services in 2003, no reason that they shouldn;t still be using it. They were primarily based in libraries from memory, though some were in bus shelter type buildings in the street.

Hope this helps

Director

Legal Advice Direct

Video Con
Hi Eamon

Thanks for the reply. Just tried to call then and of course everyone is in strike.

I am trying to find any Call Centres that have experimented with or piloted VC as part of its servces and how they got on with it.

We are piloting our system with the Home Office, Primary Care Trust and local authority. We pick the calls up take details and then forward the call onto the right service. The problem is that we are not a call centre and I am trying to find a Call centre that would like to be part of the pilot or can provide any data or feedback on their pilot.

Any suggestions?

Marlan

Headcount Planning Analyst

PayPal

Stirking workers!
Ah

Unlucky, I',m happy to discuss the polit in a call if that helps. I've sent you a personal mail to that effect too.

Eamon

Director

Legal Advice Direct

Re: Pilot Video Con Call Centre
Hi Eamon

I was thinking about your offer to possibly help with the project and access to your caller centre staff.

We have been asked to put together two separate services for the County Council & Primary Care Trust. We are meeting again with NHS direct on the 1st August.

Presently the calls are picked up by my staff at LAD solicitors and then forwarded on, however I would like to look at the possibility of an experienced organisation like Becogent getting involved.

Is there a chance of me meeting up with you and possibly showing you the system we are running? Where are you based?

Talk soon

Marlan

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question