Visio tutorial/documentation?

Topic Views - 172

poolboy

Dechaine Consulting Inc

Visio tutorial/documentation?
I have been having a bit of trouble locating any documentation on Visio. I am just looking for a quick tutorial or refresher type documentation. I haven't used it in quite some time.

Microsoft and google ain't alot of help. Anyone know where I could find a link to a pdf that is suitable?

Contact Centre / CRM Architect

Quick Contact Centre Ltd

do you realy need it?
I always found Visio to be pretty intuitive so that you don't need instructions. What are you trying to do and which version are you running?

poolboy

Dechaine Consulting Inc

I doubt it as well
hey Paul,

I doubt I need it as well, truthfully alot of my job right now is preparation so I figured I might as well browse through some documentation if I could find it.

Quick Contact Centre Ltd

here's one I made earlier
Give me a shout if you need anything. I have used it for call flows, org charts, network diagrams and business process mapping and can give you examples if you need it.

poolboy

Dechaine Consulting Inc

Question about visio
okKKKKAYY

Got my first question, well a couple. The Visio help documentation has not been that great, nor has the website.

When I send a person a file and they only have Visio viewer it opens in IE and has all the tabs, links, etc in place. THIS KICKS BUTT.

I was wondering if there is anyway to convert a Visio file to HTML to achieve the same results? This way I could store it locally on a server and everyone could view it. I could also have a little bit more flexibility to allow the actual saved voicemails to play when a voicemail box is selected.

well..actually I will keep looking into the other questions on my own...

Quick Contact Centre Ltd

Visio HTML
Have you tried Save as Webpage?

poolboy

Dechaine Consulting Inc

option not there
I do not have a "save as webpage" option.

I am using 2001 if that matters.

WFM & Business Telephony Manager

Healthcare Insurance

Justin
Using Visio Standard 2002 on an XP Pro machine.
There is a 'Save as Webpage' option.

Although it does the usual M$ HTML mangle.

HTH

DaveA

Marketing

Rostrvm Solutions Limited

... and on VISIO 2000
The option to produce Visio web pages is slightly different on Visio 2000

Select 'Save as' and on the 'Save as type' drop-down-menu choose 'HTML files'.

This produces a suite of files that are designed to provide some advanced features. These features work in Internet Explorer but don't work in a standards-based browser such as Firefox.

WFM & Business Telephony Manager

Healthcare Insurance

... and on VISIO 2000 (Not a monopoly??????????????)
These features work in Internet Explorer but don't work in a standards-based browser such as Firefox.

And why doesn't that surprise me.

Micro$haft compliant? HA.

DaveA

Director

Reynard Thomson Ltd.

Temptation...
I've often been tempted to create one of those pages that checks the browser type of the user. In my case, I'm sorely tempted to pop up a page explaining why you should immediately ditch IE in favour of a standards-compliant browser.

However, something in me gets that nagging feeling that all that would happen is the users would go elsewhere...

Hmmmm...

John

poolboy

Dechaine Consulting Inc

Does Visio work on a MAC?
I'll assume there isn't a MAC version based on my research.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question