What happens when an agent transfers the call and speaks to a 3rd party rep?

Topic Views - 758

Senior Manager - WFM

24/7 Customer

Need immediate help on this.
Assume, an agent receives a call & is not able to resolve the query. He hits the transfer button (from now onwards the customer goes on hold), and speaks to the 3rd party rep outside his site and then completes a warm transfer.
Avaya CMS stores this time when the agent is speaking to the 3rd party rep as aux0 time. If i further break it up to track only this time the component is called I_AcdAuxOutTime.
What i need to know is, if this I_AcdAuxOutTime could be a part of Talk Time. As per me it should be.
Would appreciate if i could get some good references/docs with the replies.

Operations Lead

Though I_ACDAUX_OUTTIME is part of call, it actually gets captured in HOLDTIME or HOLDACDTIME. HOLDACDTIME for that call wld be TI_Othertime+I_ACDAUX_OUTTIME.
I don't have any specific documents on this though. But based on experience and pratical knowledge I was able to capture this when we had same problem with time spent on calls while being transffered. So as long as you are using HOLDACDTIME for AHT then it also caputers the outtime while agent was talking to 3rd party rep.

MI Capability Manager

Vertex DataScience Ltd

I concur with Madhav's observations.

I_acdaux_outtime is not part of acdtime as the caller is on hold throughout the transfer process.

Senior Manager - WFM

24/7 Customer

Thanks Madhav.
Talk Time normally is from the time the agent says hello to the time he says goodbye.

Here, we are not considering Hold Time to be a part of talk time.
So, shouldnt the talk time formula be = acd time + I_AcdAuxOutTime. Your thoughts on this please.

Operations Lead

Amit, as mentioned by Julian the caller is on hold through out the transfer process. Ideally talk time is the time which you spent speaking to customer on primary line. Once you place the caller on hold(Meaning you are placing the first line on "hold" and speaking to other agent), it gets captured in as holdtime even though the agent is "speaking" to other agent. Not sure if this is making some sense, but talk time is just talk time and can not be added to any of the auxs or hold.

Senior Manager - WFM

24/7 Customer

scenario 1 : agent receives a call, talks to the customer for 120 sec, then keeps him on hold for 45 sec, comes back speaks to him for another 15 sec and ends the call.

scenario 2 : agent receives a call, talks to the customer for 120 sec, then hits transfer button and speaks to the 3rd party for 20 sec, and then completes the warm transfer.

Q1 : If the billing formula is = acdtime + acwtime + holdtime + aux0, what would be the production time for both the above scenarios?

Q2 : If the billing formula is only talk time, again what would be the production time for both the above scenarios?

My observation :
Whenever an agent transfers a call to speak to the 3rd party, the customer on the primary line goes on hold (that's very clear), but how does the Avaya behave? Avaya stores the time in hold time and at the same time in Aux 0 also. Thus, there is a duplication of time.
So, if my billing formula is acdtime + acwtime + holdtime + aux0, bcos of duplication it would become = acdtime + acwtime + holdtime + (aux0 - I_acdauxouttime)

If the billing formula is only talk time, as mentioned earlier it would become : acdtime + I_acdauxouttime.

If the definiftion of talk time is what i have mentioned in my first post, then the formula needs to be as above. Please debate.

Operations Lead

I'm little confused here. Why would you be have AUX0 in billing formular when you already have HOLDTIME.

In both scenarios I would still take ACDTIME+ACWTIME+HOLDTIME to show total time spent by an agent on call.

*** for Scenario 1: when agent places the customer on hold for 45 secs, AVAYA treats this time as OTHERTIME which is also added in HOLDTIME. For this call, HOLDTIME=OTHERTIME. So total call time would be 120+45+15+ACWTIME(ifany).

*** for Scenario 2: The moment agent places the customer on hold, AVAYA treats time as OTHERTIME till the time agents gets to other switch, and once the agent reaches other switch's IVR, AVAYA records this time as AUX0 time. Now the intresting part for this call is AUX0 and I_ACDAUX_OUTTIME are one and the same. So again the HOLDTIME for this is call is equal which is also added in HOLDTIME. For this call, HOLDTIME=OTHERTIME+ AUX0 or (I_ACDAUX_OUTTIME). I would still stay with ACDTIME+ACWTIME+HOLDTIME for this call too. Knowing about the duplication in holdtime and AUX0 I would not take AUX0 as part of billing formula, neither would I take AUX0-I_ACDAUX_OUTTIME as both of them are one and the same for this call.

Finally there is nothing else left to debate on this.

Workforce / IT Manager

Alorica

In scenario 2 if I add on to the ending: agent receives a call, talks to the customer for 120 sec, then hits transfer button and speaks to the 3rd party for 20 sec, and then completes the warm transfer and stays now in aux 0 to finish noting acct.

if i wanted to break out outbound time in aux 0 from the the normal aux state of aux 0, then would the calculation be(aux0 - I_acdauxouttime)? because aux 0 will not = I_acdauxouttime.

I see a lot of agents abuse this aux when first logging into their systems and also after transfers and we are trying to seperate out outbound to determine the difference.

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question