Wrap time between calls

Topic Views - 2127

ekmSystems

Hi All,

At the moment our call system relies on agents actually picking up the call that is waiting in the queue rather than putting the call straight through to them.

I'm looking at changing this, but wondered what kind of time between the calls to set. I need it to be long enough that the use of a wrap button is minimised, but I don't want them twiddling thumbs between calls either.

Contact Centre Manager

Sytner Group Mercedes Benz

Hi Graham,

I allow 1 minute inbetween calls to finish off the booking, I found any less and stress levels rose resulting in poor staff motivation.

ekmSystems

I was thinking 30 seconds. I'll go put the whip away.... :)

How about leaving no time at all, but giving your agents the opportunity to stop the call from announcing to them when needed? This way productivity is better, as more often then not if an agent is ready, you'll get no pause at all. Agents are also generally happier with this, as they have control - any why shouldn't they? (You can view stats and correct any "misuse" through coaching?)

No time
Stress stress and more stress that's not treating employees fairly and you are so wrong agents happy etc check sick stats and agents of with stress and I'm sure you'll look at things differently and from the way you comment looks like you have very little contact centre experience and agents happier that's a joke

Want to add a comment?

Not found what you were looking for?

1. Try searching through our site.
2. Still not got an answer?

Why not ask the Call Centre Helper Community? Click here to ask your question