Active Listening is about fully concentrating on what is really being said, rather than just passively ‘hearing’ the message of the caller.
It avoids the pitfalls of advisors jumping to conclusions. It can improve job effectiveness, the quality of the customer experience and can significantly improve First Contact Resolution.
In this webinar we looked at how to develop active listening in the contact centre.
- Introductions – Charlie Mitchell, Call Centre Helper
- Carolyn Blunt – Ember Real Results
- Niels S. Richthof, Enghouse
Topics to be discussed
- Developing listening skills
- Understanding your personal style of communicating
- Avoiding conflict and misunderstandings
- Changing advisor behaviours
- Concentrating on what the caller is really saying
- Building Rapport
- Effective use of silence
- Communication Blockers
- Use of technology
- Top tips and Questions from the audience
- Winning tip – “Take an interest in the customer and ask a question out of curiosity rather than just the process questions” thanks to Graham12
Original Webinar date: During our Online Conference – March 2018