ProcedureFlow makes the case for bringing more visual content into your contact centre training to improve agent learning.
1. People prefer visual content– According to Hubspot, 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it. And the same goes for your employees!
2. Increased comprehension– Adding illustrations to text increases understanding of a concept 98% of the time. This can have a huge impact for employees who are required to have a deep understanding of a wide variety of topics.
3. More engaged learners– Replacing walls of text with visuals improvers learners’ engagement and motivation. And when learners are engaged, they’ll master challenging concepts sooner.
4. We’re becoming a visual world– Cisco projects that global internet traffic from videos will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic in 2020.
5. Variety of content– If your three week training program consists of mostly long and text heavy slide decks, it’s easy for new hires to lose interest. Visuals help keep trainees attentive by providing a variety of content types like images, gifs, videos, diagrams, etc.
6. Simplify complex information– Visuals can make some of your most complex topics much simpler to understand. Just look at the example below! Do you find the visual, or text based explanation easier to understand?
7. Storytelling– Humans love stories. In fact, we’re more likely to remember information when told in the format of a story. Visuals can significantly help with this and convey things like emotions and humor.