The Multi-Channel Calculator (Version 0.9)
Experimental Multi-Channel Calculator
Please enter your data into the multi-channel calculator.
How to use the Multi-Channel Calculator
- Put in the reporting period that you wish to simulate (e.g. 15 minutes, 30 minutes or 60 minutes). Because it takes a while for the calls to build up and a while for them to die down, it will give better results with a 60-minute reporting period.
- Put in the number of calls, email and webchats with their durations and service level targets.
- The following page will give you the number of agents that the simulator needs to meet the service level targets.
- The traffic over time chart shows the build-up of calls (blue), emails (red) and webchats (orange). The darker the colour, the longer the waiting time. The number of agents does not show the distribution of calls, just the number of agents that are required.
- If you scroll down you will see the queue over time graph that shows the queue of calls (blue), emails (red) and webchats (orange). The darker the colour, the longer the waiting time.
- If you want to run a different simulation – or re-run the simulation, all of the details are at the bottom of the graph.
- Until we can get an understanding for the required traffic intensity, we are limiting the simulator to a maximum of 200 agents.
- No shrinkage has been added to the number of agents. You will need to add this in manually.
- The simulator may give different results every time it is run. This is because it works on simulating a random call pattern. Run it a few times to get an average of the results.
- For webchat we have not yet developed concurrency. If you have concurrency today we suggest that you use some factor to reduce the number of webchats that you handle.
- Emails currently cannot be interrupted. It is assumed that once you have allocated an email to an adviser, they keep at that level.
- Please send us any feedback, issues, bugs or ideas on how to develop the simulator. Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.