Plantronics have announced the new Voyager 8200 UC – a boomless Bluetooth stereo headset featuring business-grade audio, passive and active noise cancellation (ANC) to ensure maximum focus, and a design so that people look as good as they sound.
Designed for professionals who need to collaborate anywhere, any time, Voyager 8200 UC is the first fully manageable business stereo headset with a boomless design, dual-paired omni-directional microphones with enhanced digital signal processing, two levels of ANC, and smart sensor technology. The premium audio quality and clarity ensure an optimal experience whether you’re taking a conference call in the middle of an open office, listening to your favourite music on the train, or working in a crowded coffee shop.
Voyager 8200 UC is designed for the connected executive who needs to be in constant communication, and for employees in an open office space who find themselves facing distractions and noise.
According to a 2016 study by Oxford Economics, employees ranked the ability to focus on work without interruptions as their top priority, with nearly 40 percent taking steps to mitigate noise. As companies continue to embrace open floor plans and flexible work schedules, providing solutions that can help resolve the accompanying noise and distraction problems will become even more critical.
“When a workforce is highly mobile, a business’s ability to ensure their associates can focus while collaborating becomes a top priority,” said Gavin Sear, Global Product Marketing Manager at Plantronics. “Voyager 8200 UC is our most ambitious offering to date for the Voyager family, packed with the features that mobile professionals need to concentrate in comfort and style. For authorised partners of Plantronics, Voyager 8200 UC expands their market opportunity by providing customers with exceptional design and performance, while at the same time delivering business-grade audio and manageability. I expect this will be a popular item on every IT manager’s approved devices list.”
Voyager 8200 UC and the recently introduced Voyager 3200 UC can be fully managed through Plantronics Manager Pro, the optional service with insights available from the Asset, Usage, Conversation, and Acoustic Analysis suites.
The new Radio Link Quality report in the Conversational Analysis suite provides IT Managers with a Quality Impairment Score (QIS) that allows them to identify users with the lowest average call quality based on the Bluetooth radio connection between their headset and Plantronics BT600 adapter. Managers can see detailed call views and assess the impact of the headset’s radio connection on overall call quality.
Additional Voyager 8200 UC features and benefits include:
- Four “beam-forming” microphones detect and amplify the speaker’s voice, while two additional microphones detect and block environmental noise for the Voyager family’s business-grade audio experience, which ensures crystal-clear call quality in a boomless form-factor
- Enhanced voice alerts announce caller names, mute and connection status and talk-time level
- Wireless battery life offers up to 24 hours of listening time and a 3.5 mm audio cable facilitates in-flight use
- Microsoft Skype for Business certified; compatible with Cisco Jabber and other softphones
- Using Bluetooth technology, Voyager 8200 UC can pair to Windows and Mac computers, and many IP phones through Plantronics’ BT600 USB audio processor, as well as pair directly to both iOS and Android phones and tablets
- Wireless range of up to 98 ft/30 m from supported Class 1 Bluetooth devices
- Smart sensor technology detects if the headset is being worn – pausing streaming media when removed, and resuming media play when the headset is put back on
Voyager 8200 UC is the premier product in the Plantronics Voyager Family of products and will be available in the US near the end of July, 2017 and worldwide by early September.
Plantronics Manager Pro
With Plantronics Manager Pro, optional Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), IT managers can remotely monitor, manage and maintain Voyager 8200 UC headsets as well as other compatible Plantronics headsets throughout their organisation, to help ensure users are receiving the best possible voice experience. With Plantronics Manager Pro, IT managers can make sure employees are ready to take every call, by configuring the user experience, managing firmware deployments and using predictive analytics to potently detect compatibility issues before they are noticed.
Pricing and Availability
Voyager 8200 UC is available in diamond black and buff white at Plantronics authorised partners with an MSRP of €349 / £309.
For more information, visit plantronics.com