Jonty Pearce sums up what’s been hot (and not) in the world of contact centres.
- Web Chat
- Customer Effort
- Emotional Intelligence
- Speech Analytics
- Social Customer Service
- Flexible shifts
- Web self-service
- Slow IT systems (we really ought to do something about this)
- Average Handling Time as an agent metric
- Email response times over 1 hour
- Scheduling by Excel
- Answer Machine Detection
- Outbound Telesales
- Video Chat/ Skype in the contact centre
- Removing commission-based incentives
- Outcome-based metrics
- Multichannel technology
- Home Working
- Web RTC
- Automatically feeding answers into FAQs on the website
- Merging Marketing and Customer Service
Is our list a hit or a miss? Have we missed anything?
Please leave your comments below.