Leading chemical company embraces cloud contact centre solution to mitigate the pandemic crisis, building a business continuity plan to accommodate higher-than-normal call volumes.
About the Client
The client is one of the largest chemical companies in the world and a subsidiary of the largest customer-centric technology and services ﬁrm, operating six integrated production sites and 361 other production sites in more than 90 countries in Europe, Asia, Australia, the Americas, and Africa.
With the widespread of COVID-19 pandemic, organizations are leaving traditional on-premise contact centres to work remotely and promote social distancing.
With the enforcement of the government’s lockdowns and social distancing norms in most countries, the client quickly needed a work-from-home (WFH) solution that ensured business continuity to accommodate the higher-than-normal call volumes.
Servion enabled the client to set up a cloud contact centre and implement an efﬁcient work-from-home strategy for their agents, allowing them to stay safe at their homes and continue to address the spike in call volume.
Servion’s work-from-home solution included:
- Amazon Connect – Cloud Contact Center: Servion’s CX consultants analysed the existing set-up and proposed AWS’s cloud-based contact centre – Amazon Connect. Servion, an Amazon Connect Standard APN Consulting Partner, implemented the cloud-based work-from-home solution in five business days, allowing the agents in seven different countries to stay safe at their homes and continue to address the spike in call volume.
- Standard Contact Control Panel (CCP), a WebRTC softphone for incoming and outgoing telephony, that enables the agents to attend calls using a browser on their laptops/desktops.
- Seamless call transfer from the client’s existing interactive voice response (IVR) system to Amazon Connect, which would route the calls to remote agents, preserving the end customer experience.
- Mapping of DNIS to agent queues and conﬁguration of 450+ agents
Servion offered a rapid transition to a work-from-home model in ﬁve business days. This comfortably led the agents into a new work-from-home scenario, without compromising the customer and agent experiences.
Our quick deployment strengthened the client’s ability to deal with the sudden spike in call volumes while ensuring agents’ safety and business continuity. The key outcome includes:
- Quick deployment in 5 business days
- Migrated 450+ agents to work from home
- Supported agent logins from multiple countries
- Improved responsiveness and agent availability
- 24×7 access to managed support services to monitor and support the remote contact centre setup
To find out more about Servion, visit their website.