One of the world’s largest healthcare products companies migrates from on-premise contact centre to Amazon Connect, ensuring agility, scalability, and agent productivity while working from home
About the Client
The client is one of the world’s largest manufacturers and distributors of healthcare products. The client has more than 130,000 employees across the globe and develops medical devices, pharmaceutical, and consumer packaged goods. The client has over 250 subsidiaries with operations in 60 countries and products sold in over 175 countries.
The client was facing several operational challenges in supporting work-from-home and implementing new CX initiatives. It could not meet the most crucial contact centre metrics due to a surge in abandoned calls and average wait time (AWT).
The client urgently wanted to migrate its contact centre to the cloud and seamlessly enable work-from-home and gain agility, ﬂexibility, and scalable CX solutions in a secure environment.
Servion, a go-to Amazon Connect partner, migrated the client’s on-prem contact centre to Amazon Connect, a scalable, easy-to-use, pay-as-you-go, and omnichannel cloud contact centre. The solution helped meet the client’s business requirements while leveraging its existing investment in AWS.
- Servion deployed Amazon Connect (CCaaS) to replace the on-prem solution with a single instance hosted in the Singapore region, supporting 3 ASEAN countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia) in phase 1 and supported more countries in later stages
- Servion built a custom agent desktop with CTI screen pop, providing customer information, interaction history, wrap up, and various other features like holiday listing, routing voice mail to agents as an interaction, call guide, and survey
- Servion conﬁgured IVR in three countries and moved them to Amazon Connect after ﬁve days of UAT testing
- The primary AWS services used in the solution also include Lambda, Kinesis (Stream, Firehose), Step Function, S3, WAF, API Gateway, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, KMS, Route53, VPC, CloudFront, Kibana, RDS, ElasticSearch Service, and Step Function to conﬁgure contact center and agent desktop solution
The cloud migration brought about several tangible beneﬁts for the client, including:
- Enabled agents to work from home without compromising on customer experience
- Allowed better understanding of customer behaviour with access to abandoned call report
- Improved ﬁrst call resolution by empowering agents with screen pop that includes customer information and interaction history
- Added ability to deploy new technologies without additional investments. Client is now looking to enable multichannel (chat) contact centre
To find out more about Servion, visit their website.