Our editor Jonty Pearce and Colin Wheelan from the Professional Planning Forum, recently held a workshop at the Planning Forum Conference on Management Information (MI) and the contact centre.
Here are the top tips that came from the floor.
- Make it relevant to the business.
- Be perceived as adding value through insight
- Move away from performance-based targets to behavioural-based targets
- Know your audience and deliver a tailored report format
- Produce a league table supported with quality-based incentives
- Be aware of conflicting metrics and targets
- Keep it simple
- There may be more than a single version of the truth
Here is a copy of Jonty’s slides that he presented.
Thanks to Dave Appleby and Richard Snow for supplying the survey information and some of the tips.