ProcedureFlow discuss their top five ways for engaging contact centre agents that are working from home.
As contact centres across the globe transition hundreds of thousands of agents to work remotely, organizations are making big changes to how they operate.
They’re challenged to maintain the same service levels to their valued customers all while keeping agents working from home feel supported, engaged, and calm.
While some agents may have experience working from home, for many it’s a new and unfamiliar concept. And for many team leads, supervisors, and managers, it’s their first time managing a team that is entirely remote.
Fortunately, there are countless resources available to help with this challenging transition.
Here we share five simple ways you can keep your contact centre agents engaged during this difficult time, and ensure that your customer service doesn’t suffer.
1. Use video conferencing when possible – Working remotely and rarely leaving the house can often create a sense of isolation among employees.
And while video conferencing has been around for a long time, many organizations still opt for phone calls instead of video chats. Seeing your team face to face can help maintain that sense of teamwork and reduce the feeling of isolation.
2. Frequent check-ins with agents – Quick emails or check-ins via instant messaging apps can help agents know they’re not alone and that their manager is still there to support them.
3. Increase recognition and rewards – A little recognition goes a long way. It’s important to both privately and publicly recognize your agents for a job well done.
And if you already have an awards or incentive program in place, now is a great opportunity to build on that and increase your rewards or financial incentives.
4. Find ways to make remote work fun – It’s important to keep the positivity going during stressful times and there’s a few different things you can do to make remote work more fun for your team:
- Virtual coffee or team lunches
- Sharing pictures/videos from your home work space
- Online games you can play as a team
5. Take advantage of free resources – Organizations big and small around the world across multiple industries are doing their part to help during this challenging time.
Whether it’s a consulting firm offering online training resources, or software companies giving away free licences, a few minutes of research will show just how many free resources are available to you.
Stay positive and ask for help when you need it!