Pindrop is included in Gartner’s most recent analyst report titled, “Don’t Let the Contact Centre Be Your ‘Achilles Heel’ of Fraud Prevention”.
The report sheds new light on the category and cites Pindrop for its phoneprinting solutions used to fight contact center fraud.
Gartner recommends that “security and risk management leaders should invest now in fraud prevention technology and strategies to protect their enterprises from increasingly sophisticated attacks.”
In the first section of the report, entitled “Caller ID Is Dead: Don’t Trust That Number Without Phoneprinting”, Gartner recommends to “partner with contact centre leadership or third-party providers to implement fraud-prevention-based Phoneprinting technology to improve customer authentication and reduce call times for legitimate customers, while identifying high-risk call for appropriate scrutiny.”
Pindrop’s Phoneprinting technology helps identify, locate and authenticate phone devices uniquely from the call audio, thereby detecting fraudulent calls as well as verifying legitimate callers.
Three key findings from Tricia Phillips and Jonathan Care, Gartner analysts and co-authors of the report:
- Neglected in the fight against fraud, contact centres are often the weak link in omnichannel organizations.
- By 2020, 75 percent of omnichannel customer-facing organizations will sustain a targeted, cross-channel fraud attack with the contact centre as the primary point of compromise.
- The technologies and techniques available to detect and prevent contact centre fraud and omnichannel fraud have reached a maturity point that justifies and integration for most organizations that have the need to mitigate call centre fraud.
“For years we have been tracking the increase in fraud call rates and have seen fraud exposure costs skyrocket during this time. Last year we analysed more than 500M calls and witnessed more than a 100% increase in fraudulent activity,” said Vijay Balasubramaniyan, CEO and co-founder of Pindrop.
“The contact centre is under attack and our solutions are currently helping some of the biggest banks, insurance and retail companies reduce fraud exposure and provided a better authentication experience for their valued customers.”
Pindrop believes they deliver solutions to cover nearly all Buildings Blocks of Call Centre Fraud Prevention that Gartner highlights in the report to help solve the contact centre fraud problem, including:
- Implement Phoneprinting – Pindrop’s phoneprinting technology uses 147 unique call features to create a distinctive identifier for each caller.
- Use of biometric voice recognition – Voice Biometrics are imbedded in our fraud detection technology and passively voiceprints every call to identify known fraudsters.
- Send fraud activity to central fraud analytics tool – Pindrop offers a centralized case management system that allows you to hear the full call exchange, review each calls risk assessment, and provide feedback leveraged by our consortium to help spot known fraudsters in your organization and even other companies in our network.
- Allow CSRs to service customers without asking them to detect fraud – Pindrop’s advanced fraud detection technology allows us to catch over 80% fraudulents calls with less than 1% false positive rate. This assurance allows more focus on providing a positive customer experience.
For further information, visit www.pindrop.com