Tricia Morris at 8×8 shares forecasting predictions for the future.
“Knowledge is telling the past. Wisdom is predicting the future.” – W. Timothy Garvey
It’s finally happening. Historically change-resistant contact centres are getting their transformational day in the sun.
One of the most hyped decades for business innovation is now in flight. And whether you consider its start a setback or a boost, there’s no doubt that recent events have accelerated technology trends and the need for digital transformation to the point where last year’s existing gaps are this year’s formidable divides.
The average contact centre has a big leap it needs to make – from on-premise to permanently in the cloud. From in-office to operate-from-anywhere. From siloed to collaborative.
From reactive to proactive. While most business leaders don’t love predictions, we think these six from Gartner forecasting the future of the contact centre are right on track. Decide for yourself:
- By 2024, 30% of organizations will have moved their contact centres’ operations off-premises, with a 60% jump in remote-working full-time agents. – Gartner Report – Overcome the Top 3 Challenges to Setting Up Contact Center Agents for Remote Working
- By 2024, cloud contact centre agents (56% market share) will exceed on-premises contact center agents (44% market share), a transition that will have taken two decades. – Gartner Forecast Analysis Contact Center, Worldwide 2021
- On-premises contact centres will increasingly become technologically inferior compared to their cloud counterparts. The result is a −12.5% CAGR for on-premises contact centre agents. – Gartner Forecast Analysis Contact Center, Worldwide 2021
- By 2025, 80% of customer service organizations will have abandoned native mobile apps in favor of messaging for a better customer experience. – Gartner Predicts 2021: CRM Customer Service and Support
- By 2025, proactive (outbound) customer engagement interactions will outnumber reactive (inbound) customer engagement interactions. – Gartner Predicts 2021: CRM Customer Service and Support
- By 2025, 40% of customer service organizations will become profit centres by becoming de facto leaders in digital customer engagement. – Gartner Predicts 2021: CRM Customer Service and Support
This blog post has been re-published by kind permission of 8×8 – View the original post
To find out more about 8×8, visit: www.8×8.com
Call Centre Helper is not responsible for the content of these guest blog posts. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect those of Call Centre Helper.