The environment is dominated by one common subject area: how do businesses adapt your customer contact proposition and customer service offering to excel in an increasingly digital world.
This Digital evolution, led by an ever-changing mobile and smart phone world, presents the Digital Contact Director with sizeable market opportunities and challenges.
The Digital Contact Director will make strategic decisions and lead the formation of the Digital Contact strategy, design appropriate services and propositions, research and recommend the correct
Digital Contact Channels for our market and customer profile interfaces.
The role is primarily responsible for succeeding with growth of uptake of digital channels and delivery of customer contact efficiencies across digital service lines, delivered without compromising existing revenue, service and margin position.
The digital proposition will need to consider:
- Choice of Channel: Email, Web Chat, Social, SMS, IVR etc
- CRM/Analytics: customer satisfaction, customer insight, relationship management, web analytics
- Social: listening, sentiment and intervention process
The digital offerings will drive business outcomes for customers – better sales, better retention, higher customer satisfaction, higher levels of efficiency.
Some of the responsibilities and duties will include:
- Qualify and understand the full range of market trends, influences and opportunities relevant to the business, market and customer base.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities within both existing and new customer segments.
- Develop compelling and differentiated digital propositions. Compile case studies to demonstrate our value. Identify new capabilities and/or partnerships required to strengthen capabilities.
- Secure approval from executive/board level on key initiatives
- Manage and lead your team, or, work collaboratively with the customer operations team (If separate) to embed new tools and technologies and offer a successful digital transformation.
- Identify, research and select key third party suppliers, working in an inclusive relationship capacity to achieve all required outcomes.
- Own all digital contact; lead and deliver continual improvement and development of the multi-channel/omnichannel proposition
- Develop highly effective, influential relationships internally and externally at all levels. Work with peers, the board and key stakeholders to research, identify and capture new digital opportunities across the business and to provide recommendation and change programmes which will deliver improved performance and or a reduction in costs.
Digital service design and operational transformation experience will be required. This is not a Technical role but requires a Digital Contact/Customer Experience expert who understands how to use technology to deliver a better customer/user experience.
It would be expected that previous experience of digital transformation would have been achieved within a similar function/organisation.
As such the potential candidate would be a subject matter expert in customer experience, contact channel management and would have a wide appreciation of analytics in driving outcomes for both customers and the business.
With thanks to Douglas Jackson a specialist recruitment consultancy and executive search company. http://www.douglas-jackson.com