Team Leader: Example Job Description
A Team Leader, who is often known as a supervisor or a team manager, is responsible for managing a team of Advisors.
This team would typically consist of 8-12 Advisors, helping them to meet targets while reviewing performance and coaching them also.
A full list of duties, including ensuring that Advisors adhere to company polices like attendance, is listed below.
- Work closely with the team, motivating and coaching them
- Hosting 1-2-1’s and team meetings
- Keeping up to date with business development and new product lines
- Reporting to the Customer Service Manager
- Manage day-to-day line activities, prioritise and make risk/impact assessments within existing processes and procedures towards achieving SLAs
- Ensure training and development plans are maintained for all team members
- Use company methodology, team input and own initiative to ensure attendance and retention targets are achieved
- Manage the fair and consistent application of performance management and disciplinary measures as necessary
- Support the Operations Manager to highlight operational risks and areas for improvement
- Lead and inspire a team of sales agents to deliver excellent levels of individual/team performance and customer satisfaction
- Support the Head of Sales to deliver business targets and objectives and create a performance orientated culture
- Keep up to date with any industry changes affecting the business and relaying this knowledge back to the team
- Work with the management team to identify and deliver positive change and business efficiencies
- Deliver the allocated part of the operation within agreed budgets, service levels and business targets
- Escalate any appropriate problems to senior management
- Support the Senior Manager to highlight operational risks and areas for improvement
Required Skills and Experience:
- Team management experience
- Coaching and communication skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a contact centre environment as a Team Manager
- Experience within customer services
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong coaching and people-development skills through call listening, quality feedback, etc.
- Ability to deal with demanding customers and escalations
- Energetic and motivating individual
- Creative thinking