The Head of Contact Centre will lead a Contact Centre Operation of various sizes, typically this is a fast paced area of business that is challenging and changing continuously.
The Head of Contact Centre would be expected to shape the future of a contact centre operation, being committed to delivering a great customer contact experience through a variety of customer contact channels which might be; Phone, Email, Web/Live Chat, Video, Social, Correspondence.
This role will lead a number of FTE, typically through a team of Contact Centre Manager and Team Leaders, this could consist of both in-house and outsource advisors across any number of UK, or Offshore locations, although might also be one single site.
The Head of Contact Centre(s) will ensure that customers receive a friendly, professional and consistently high quality service helping to resolve various queries, close any sales enquiries and get it right first time.
Some of the Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Customer Services Director/Chief Operating Officer, Managing Director dependant on the size of organisation, the role includes line responsibility for all third, second, or first line contact centre teams (in-house and outsource) providing ongoing customer service, and specific service teams as well as the planning and forecasting team.
- Manage the day to day performance of the Contact Centre Operations to deliver a best in class service, meeting or exceeding all KPIs and within budget.
- Set the strategy for the development of the contact centres, staying abreast of new practices and technologies, ensuring that we gain and maintain recognition for the quality of customer service.
- Lead, inspire and co-ordinate the contact centre management team at all levels to create motivated and engaged colleagues.
- Be responsible for the end to end customer contact processes and their associated customer experience, supporting cross company initiatives to drive improvements, improve efficiency and reduce complaints.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, induction and coaching strategy across the contact centres
- Work closely with HR, L&D and Training delivery teams. Taking responsibility for the ongoing development all levels of contact centre colleagues.
- Reviewing and defining clearly all contact centre roles, any required shift and candidate profiles required across the contact centre operation
- Lead an effective resource planning team, ensuring that resource is fully utilised and any contact demand is effectively covered.
- Applying best practise, develop continuous improvement plans and make recommendations based upon the employee and customer insight.
- Develop plans and offer insight and knowledge to the organisation on the use of new tools and technologies; Telephony, CRM and WFM to create a cost effective operation consistently achieving contact handling SLAs.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer, championing change and improvements across the customer experience, drive change and influence future change/projects to support and achieve improvements in the customer experience.
- Deliver cost efficiencies and increased in Customer Satisfaction Scores.
- Enhance the quality of customer interactions, ensuring quality assurance, compliance, regulatory and legal obligations are met across all interactions.
Required Skills: Proven experience of leading a service driven contact centre operation with experience of managing an operation through periods of significant growth or change.
Excellent communication and leadership skills to lead and motivate a growing and changing service operation The ability to engage with directors and managers at all levels across the wider business to achieve goals and objectives.
With thanks to¬†Douglas Jackson a specialist recruitment consultancy and executive search company. http://www.douglas-jackson.com