Genesys has published Moving Forward Together: Genesys 2020 Sustainability Report, announcing the company’s commitment to a sustainable future for positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
The report outlines Genesys’ plans to establish more sustainable business practices through environment, social and governance (ESG) initiatives and sets goals for making a positive impact in the world.
Genesys has integrated sustainability as one of the four pillars around which the company is building its operational model to ensure strategy-aligned execution.
As a global organization with nearly 7,000 customers, including over half of the Fortune Global 100, and more than 5,700 employees in 55 countries, Genesys is well positioned to help the customer experience ecosystem adopt more sustainable business strategies.
Covering Genesys’ 2021 fiscal year, which ended on January 31, 2021, the 2020 Sustainability Report will serve as a baseline for the company to measure progress while engaging with employees, customers, partners and suppliers in its efforts to move sustainability initiatives forward as an industry.
“We’re making great strides at Genesys in transforming our strategy and growth through more sustainable business practices that holistically optimize our economic, social and environmental impact,” said Bridgette McAdoo, Global Sustainability Officer at Genesys.
“We recognize that sustainability is a team sport and that together, through our commitments and actions, we can impact our communities for generations to come.”
The report identifies a number of promising areas for Genesys to make significant impact, including operational emissions, customer carbon reduction, workforce diversity, equity and inclusion, cybersecurity, ethical product use, artificial intelligence (AI) applications, and details the company’s specific targets across the ESG categories. Among them:
- Minimize the company’s impact on the planet by becoming carbon neutral by 2030, including reducing customers’ emissions by migrating their deployments to the cloud
- Improve people’s lives by using Genesys products in crisis communication, suicide prevention and other uses for good to touch one million lives by 2030
- Further diversify the makeup of employees by improving the contingent of women in the workplace to 35 percent (8 percent increase) and in 40 percent director+ levels (15 percent increase) and under-represented groups in the US to 32 percent (10 percent increase) and in 32 percent (12 percent increase) director+ levels by 2030
Over the past year, Genesys has taken action to make progress on these goals, including:
- Shifted to provide more sustainable office spaces and utility features, including a new office in Galway, Ireland, located in a sustainably focused commercial centre, designed and under construction using One Planet Living framework
- Adjusted to a more virtual footprint by updating policies for minimized work-related travel and launching a new framework for a flexible workplace policy, decreasing employee commuting
- Launched Genesys Rapid Response, a service that enables organizations to move teams remote in less than 48 hours. Rapid Response was provided at no cost to two-hundred companies, including organizations providing unemployment benefits and community pantries
- Formally instituted a DE&I office and appointed the first Global Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, and grew inclusion groups by four. Genesys now has five employee groups, including: Genesys Women in Tech (GWIT), Genesys Black Employees & Allies Members (GBEAM), Genesys Latinx in Tech (GLiT), Genesys Women of Colour (GWOC), Genesys LGBTQ+ Employees & Allies (G+)
- Joined Terra Carta and CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion to foster idea exchange and coordinate on accelerating the private sector’s contribution to environmental sustainability and diversity.
Call Centre Helper is not responsible for the content of these guest blog posts. The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect those of Call Centre Helper.