Over 60% of Contact Centres Measure First Call Resolution

A graph illustrating How First Contact Resolution is Measured: 39% don't measure it, 13% use a post call survey, 15% measure repeat contact reasons in crm, 24% ask the customer, 28% have no repeat calls in a given time frame
4,335

According to our poll, only 39% of contact centres do not measure First Call Resolution, with the remaining 61% using one of the four methods shown in the graph below.

Of these four methods, no repeat calls in a given time was the most popular method to gather data for the calculation (28%), whilst some contact centres use more than just one of the options below. This is highlighted by the fact the the percentages, given below, add up to above 100%.

Poll – “How do you measure First Contact Resolution” – answers

We don’t measure First Contact Resolution – 39%
Post call survey – 13%
Repeat contact reasons in CRM system – 15%
We ask the customer – 24%
No repeat calls in a given time frame – 28%

(Multiple answers were allowed during this poll, so the total does not add up to 100%.)

Source: Call Centre Helper webinar: Improving First Contact Resolution     Sample size –  148     Date: October 2014

Author: Megan Jones

Published On: 1st Jan 2015 - Last modified: 25th Oct 2021
Read more about - Contact Centre Research, ,

Follow Us on LinkedIn

Recommended Articles

How to Calculate FCR
How to Calculate First Contact Resolution (FCR) - With Formula
A picture of what FCR stands for
What Is First Contact Resolution? – With Formula and Expert Best Practices
An image of a confused man choosing between two First Contact Resolution and Repeat Contacts
The Difference Between Measuring Repeat Contacts and First Contact Resolution
What Is the Best Way to Measure First Contact Resolution?