What is an Outbound all Centre?
An outbound call centre is a business activity where a collection of call centre agents make outgoing calls to prospective or existing customers. This activity is usually technology enabled – typically using a predictive dialler – so that large numbers of calls can be made per hour.
The most common uses of outbound call centres are:
- Proactive customer service (e.g. informing of delays, problems, delivery arrangements, etc.)
- Sales calls to new (prospective) customers
- Renewals (sales calls to existing customers)
- Cross-selling or up-selling sales calls to existing customers
- Debt collection
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Market research
- Appointment booking
- How to create an outbound call centre
- Types of diallers
- Benefits of outbound
- Best outbound calling times for a call centre
- Outbound calling on weekends and bank holidays