Winners of the North East Contact Centre Awards 2022 have been revealed in a glittering Awards Ceremony held on 11th November at the Fed in Gateshead.
The Awards honour the best individuals, teams and organizations who work in this sector which employs 50,000 people across the North East. The region is home to some world-leading brands in a range of industries including financial services, retail, insurance, leisure, healthcare, emergency services, security and logistics.
Shortlisted finalists enjoyed a Gala Dinner as the winners and highly commended entries were revealed by host Charlie Charlton.
Among those honoured were BGL, Parkdean, Worldpay, SSCL, NHS BSA, Sage, Leeds Building Society, Ocado and Collingwood Insurance Services UK.
Councillor Claire Rowntree, Deputy Leader of Sunderland City Council, commented: “We are proud to be an event partner because the Awards are a fantastic way to recognize the massive achievements of people who make contact centres one of the North East’s real success stories.
“The industry has proven its resilience time after time, continuing to recruit and provide valuable employment throughout the ups and downs of the economic cycle.
“It remains a key source of jobs, and in Sunderland employs around 10,000 people and contributes over £200m a year to the economy through salaries alone.”
Leanne Chambers, Managing Director at lead sponsor greenbean, commented: “Customer behaviour has changed forever, and with increased acceleration towards digitalization and self-service comes the changing role of the front-line advisor who is now required to be tech-savvy and handle more complex queries.
“These awards not only celebrate and recognize the amazing individuals, teams and organizations that are best in class, but highlight contact centre careers as a ‘career of choice’”
Head judge Christine Allenson said: “The strength of entries was again very high this year which demonstrates the resilience, energy and dedication within the region’s contact centres who have gone above and beyond to keep vital services running for their customers. Congratulations to all our Highly Commended entries and our Winners for 2022!”
As part of the evening, a fundraising raffle was organized in aid of the Great North Air Ambulance Service.
A full list of Winners, Highly Commended and Finalists is provided below:
Winners – North East Contact Centre Awards 2022
Customer Service Star- Voice
- Winner: Michelle Hubbard – Collingwood
- Highly Commended: Michelle McHugh – NEAS
Customer Service Star- Digital
- Winner: Abbie O Donnel – Parkdean
- Highly Commended: Emma Scaife – NCFE
- Winner: Adam Nevin – Collingwood
- Highly Commended: Abbey May Lane – Worldpay
- Winner: Rhiann Inglesfield – LBS
- Winner: Rachael Baxter – Parkdean
Resource Planning Star
- Winner: Abigail Horton – Ocado
- Highly Commended: Jonathan O’Connor – Tructyre
Newcomer of the Year
- Winner: Suzanne Dawson-Hull – SSCL
- Highly Commended: Dionne Lowery – Parkdean
Service Team Leader
- Winner: Lauren Moran – BGL
Sales Team Leader
- Winner: Romana Moffatt – Worldpay
- Highly Commended: Kerry McCormack – Parkdean
- Winner: Sarah Cummings – Worldpay
- Winner: Betty Shaw
- Winner: BGL Central Multi Leadership Team
- Highly Commended: Parkdean Customer Relations Team
- Winner: Worldpay CI Squad
- Highly Commended: Sage CXI team
- Winner: Sage Inbound Team
- Winner: NHS BSA People Progression Team
- Winner: BGL Community Team
Outsourced Contact Centre
- Winner: SSCL
People Centric Organisation
- Winner: Worldpay
- Highly Commended: Leeds Building Society
Contact Centre – Under 250 Seats
- Winner: Parkdean
Contact Centre – Over 250 Seats
- Winner: BGL
- Highly Commended: Sage
Full information on the awards is available here